Eligibility Criteria for admissions as per prospectus Punjab Medical college admission board.
The candidates applying for admission against any category of seat must have passed the F.Sc. Pre-Medical) examination from a Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education in Pakistan with at least 65% unadjusted marks (715/1100) or passed an examination of Foreign University/Board which in scope and standard is found equivalent to the F.Sc (Pre-Medical) examination of Pakistan subject to the following:
- The examination is recognized as equivalent to F.Sc (Pre-Medical) by the IBCC. It shall be the responsibility of the candidates to settle their grades with IBCC and should get equivalence certificate from IBCC Islamabad only for recognition of their qualification. The equivalence certificate must be attached with the application form before the closing date.
- Provisional equivalence, Certificate issued by the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) shall only be entertained for the Entrance Test
- The candidate should obtain marks equivalent to unadjusted 65% of F.Sc total marks (715/1100) according to the formula laid down by the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) Islamabad.
- The equivalence certificate of such candidate will not be accepted if he/she has not studied and passed the subjects of Chemistry, Biology and Physics/Mathematics in his/her 9th, 10th,11th and 12th Grade 0 & A level or other equivalent examination recognized by the IBCC. He/she must have passed English as compulsory subject at O or A level.
- Only the Converted Marks Certificates issued by the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen will be accepted. The equivalence of marks will be on the basis of a certificate issued by IBCC.