Prof. Dr. Naeem Akhtar
Dr. Khalid Javed
Incharge Library Affairs
(BLIS, MLIS, MPhil Cont)
Syed Mustafsir Mehdi
SOPs FOR LIBRARY
Rawalpindi Medical University New Teaching Block (NTB)
1. All students including students of Allied Health Sciences, Rawalpindi Medical College Rawalpindi are eligible to borrow books from the library provided they have a valid library member ship card.
2. For reading purpose all students and Staff (RMU & HFH) must have valid identification card.
3. Entry is not allowed without library membership card or valid RMU identity Card.
4. Library membership card will be issued to students (MBBS, Allied Health Sciences), faculty members RMU, free of cost. If it is lost a new card will be issued on payment of Rs.50.
5. Library membership card will be issued to Senior Registrars, Trainees, Medical Officers and House Officers of Holy Family Hospital on payment of Rs.500 fee yearly.
6. Borrowing privileges of different membership categories are.
MEMBER SHIP CATEGORY
BORROWING LIMIT OF BOOKS
Demonstrator’s / MO’s / PGT’s
7. Faculty members are required to return book(s), one week prior to the commencement of the final examination.
8. Book(s) will be reissued if required by the member, on the next day but not reissued on the same day. Book(s) will have to be presented at the time of reissue.
9. Book (s) returned after due date. A fine of Rs.10/- per day will be charged.
10. Reference material, CD-ROMs, (original) periodicals, and newspapers will not be issued. They can be consulted within the library.
11. In case of loss or damage, the student / library member will be charged the double price of book(s) or other material.
12. In case a book is urgently required, the librarian may request for return of a book any time.
13. Library Chairman/ Library Committee is empowered to issue further instructions or permit relaxation in these rules.
14. All books, issued for reading only shall be shown to the staff on entrance counter before leaving.
15. Group discussions are not allowed in the library.
16. Eating ,drinking, smoking, sleeping, listening/watching drama or Music etc are not allowed in the library.
17. RMU and library staff will not be responsible for the reader’s personal belongings.
18. Librarian and library staff will be responsible for keeping silence in the library and to maintain the discipline.
19. All library members are requested to follow SOPs in letter& spirit.
LIBRARY IN NEW TEACHING BLOCK (NTB)
Rawalpindi Medical University Rawalpindi
The infrastructure as well as in its management has inspired all those who have visited it.
The library was renovated & refurnished by the then Principal RMC Professor Dr. Muhammad Umar, after he took the charge of the office the Principal.
Rawalpindi Medical University Rawalpindi, international faculty has also given their full support, financially as well as morally to make this library meet the standards of international libraries.
With the help of international and national RMU faculty commitment and the through vision of Vice Chancellor Prof. Muhammad Umar the Library was built, brick by brick, wall by wall, wrapped in the dedication of the Rawalians.
Fact & Figures about Library- NTB
Area of Library- NTB
130 x 30ft
Timing of Library
8:00am to 10:00 pm
Seats for Students
No of Staff
2 Assistants Librarian
1 Naib Qasid & Sanitary Worker
LIST OF CURRENT INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS
· Annals of Clinical Biochemistry
· Asia Pacific Journal of Public Health
· Australian Critical Care
· British Journal of Psychiatry
· European Journal of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine
· Health Policy and Planning
· Infectious Disease in Obstetrics & Gynecology
· Journal of Neurologic Physical Therapy
· Journal of Public Health (formerly Jrl of Pub Health Medicine)
· Journal of Sports Rehabilitation
· Journal of the American College of Radiology
LIST OF CURRENT PAKISTANI JOURNALS AT LIBRARY NTB
1. South Asian Journal of Medical Sciences (SAJMS)
2. Journal of the College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan (JCPSP)
3. Pakistan Oral & Dental Journal
4. Saudi Journal of Medicine & Medical Sciences (SJMMS)
5. Saudi Journal of Medicine & Medical Sciences
6. International Journal of Rehabilitation Sciences
7. Journal of Rehman Medical Institute
8. Student Journal of RMU (STJRMC)
9. Journal of Rehman Medical Institute (RMI)
10. Journal of RMC (JRMC)
11. Baqai Journal of Health Sciences
12. Journal Islamabad Medical & Dental College (JIMDC)
13. ISRA Medical Journal
14. Journal of Saidu Medical College Swat (JSMC)
DETAIL OF BOOKS IN RAWALPINDI MEDICALUNIVERSITY LIBRARY New Teaching Block (NTB)
No of Books
No of Title
Eear ,Nose and Throat
Obstetrics / Gynecology
New Books 2018-19